Monday 14 December 2015

Cagliari 19/11/15 - 7/12/15 Un pezzo del mio cuore appartiene a Cagliari

First week of the fortnight:

I love getting post - picture from my 2 year old Cousin

Giovedì .. We began by popping in to see V. With V we spoke about the Christ-like attributes again :) She is doing well and is really progressing. She has come to church for about 6 weeks in a row now. She is awesome. After V, we popped in to see R.... Who is preparing for her baptism! We spoke about some commandments. We need to finish all the lessons and make sure she remembers everything, so she can get baptised on the date set for her. I don't know how much I've told you about R.. The other Sorelle found her through some random lady who had no interest in the gospel.. At the moment.. but they found R, who is the sweetest, happiest, tiniest Sardinian lady of 85 years. She is the absolute cutest. Out of all of our investigators, she is the only one who comes on a weekly basis for all 3 hours. When I was with Sorella Roberts we figured that she was our most progressing investigator, so we prayed a lot and spoke a lot about her and had a conversation with her and she wanted to be baptised, so we set the date with her and she was so so happy.. Anyways we are now working really hard, seeing her practically on a daily basis, cus she just wants to be baptised. She wants to take that step with God and she is just so so genuine and so so sweet, so hopefully if all goes to plan she will be baptised on my (potentially) last Sunday here in Cagliari (6/11/15), so PLEASE pray that all will be well with her interview and baptism :) Anyways, after this, we headed home for pranzo, lingua, then headed out to see R. I always feel so good after seeing her. She is awesome! We read a verse from the Book of Mormon and then discussed it. Then we headed straight to see L, a less active member. She is so sweet! We spoke about prayer, the scriptures and the importance in going to church and used the knife and cup visual. Then we had English course :) 

Venerdì .. We began with weekly planninggggg :) then we saw R first thing in the afternoon, then met A at a Gelateria for a lesson. This is the day I tried walnut gelato, which is now one of my top faves. I mean, I don't serve in the Italy Rome mission for nothing.. Haha ;) Well, we taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and it all made sense to him and he agreed to pray about it :) After that, we headed straight over to AM. We taught her about the Restoration and watched the film. It was so good to finally teach her a lesson... She still had a ton of questions, but we told her this time that she just needs to listen and that she would find answers if she did just that. It went well and she understood :) Oh, awkward story moment ...
So, Sorella Rossi and I are waiting at the bus stop... and I get my English/Italian dictionary out and try to test her on English words and myself on Italian words... Then this man comes and stands next to us just as I read out the Italian version of the word 'pocket knife' all loud and proud. He looked at us both like .. what the freak .. and then when he saw my dictionary he burst out laughing hahahaha Then he got on the bus and kept looking at is and laughing hahaha.

Sabato .. We began at the chapel with M speaking about the Plan of Salvation. It went so well and she absolutely loved it :) The rest of the day was taken up with finding and making calls. In the evening we met with the Anziani and the other Sorelle and did a gesso in town. We basically just had written "GRAZIE A LUI" and we were showing the ‘Because of Him’ Mormon message. :) It went really well, (once the Hare Krishna’s had passed by). After that, the day was over. How interesting.. Oh no, actually .. here is a real funny story of our trip home from the gesso. There was this drunk man who Sorella Rossi and I saw a few days before. When I say drunk I mean absolutely out of it. He had like a McDonalds straw through his nose.. I mean, at least this time he was dressed. Yeah.. Anyways, he is on our bus and he starts talking to the Africans .. Kind of in English kind of in a language I don't think anyone in this world has ever heard hahaha Then the bus (after his loud shouting and talking) went silent and he sings at the top of his drunk croaky voice "Yellow Submarine"... IT WAS HILARIOUS, CUS HE KNEW ALL OF THE WORDS HAHAHAHAHAHAH us missionaries were DYING. It was so funny, oh my gosh, I wish I’d recorded it! Then he said something else, which was hilarious, but I'll tell you about that when I get home haha. Never a dull moment! 


Domenica .. church, obviously. The talks were awesome. Something that stood out was Fratello D’s talk when he said "The gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't change our situations and that which we face, but what it changes is the way we face them". After sacrament meeting, I was in primary for both hours, cus I was helping with the music :) I LOVED IT. Italian primary kids are just so much cuter than any other kids! Haha, love it! After lunch and language study we saw G and started up Personal Progress with her. It got me regretting not doing it as a teenager and I have actually started now :) I use like the first 10 mins or so of my study for it :)  Then after that, we met A and read more of the ‘For the Strength of Youth’ and she made Fufu for us, cus Rossi has never eaten it. She actually liked it, which surprised me! Then we had plantain (in Italian it is platano) – like a giant banana? Boh. We had it with a really spicy soup! Lush. Although... I've learnt to love spicy food being in the mission and that was basically our day!

Lunedì .. We did shopping, I've started sharing shopping with Sorella Clark :) We eat similar things and our companions would rather buy their own, so we did kind of a split when we spent shopping and it was GREAT, CUS IT’S SO MUCH CHEAPER AND WE GET MORE FOOD AND I ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEONE TO EAT WITH. I hate eating alone, it's so sad, but now I have someone :) :) :) My buddy Sorella Clark haha! We did that” We went to the piazza just to download our emails, then typed them up at home. It's better this way, cus otherwise we wait outside in the cold where the wifi is close to our house or we travel forever to get to church.. Well, we don't travel forever, but it's p’day and who has time on p’day to wait for buses? Not me! So yeah, we did that! Then we went shopping a bit and had to leave to get the bus early, cus we had a family home evening set with la famiglia L. They live a little bit lontano, but it's the cutest little town! They are a super brava family. There have 3 boys who are absolutely adorable, especially their youngest who is 7! He is the sweetest little kid and he says the sweetest sweetest prayers! Sorella L is the Relief Society President. We did a lesson about being the light to our friends and sharing the gospel and using the knowledge that we have to help our family and friends. We began with a little game where we got them to draw their family, but we turned the lights off, so they couldn't see anything. Then we got them to do it again, but we let them use a torch. It was really fun and the boy loved it :) They are awesome and it's sad, cus they're wanting to move to America, waaaaaaaaa. I love them. They then fed us dinner. The typical sard pasta, which was real good and like a salted cupcake, so a savoury snack. It was real good. Then for the dolce, she made ginger cake and also aubergine cake. YUM! Then they took us home.

Martedì .. Began with M and taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ. It went well. After that, we saw R again. We are just going through the lessons with her so thoroughly! She is doing well and just wants to learn! Then we had lunch, studied and headed straight out to V. We spoke about how each of us are of value and of worth and that here in Cagliari we need her talents, testimony and abilities in order to build up the Kingdom of God. We used the scripture in 1 Corinthians 12. :) After V, we were running late, so luckily the other Sorelle were able to cover for us and teach S! Then we did English course! :) 

Mercoledì .. We headed off to see C! :) She made us a hot chocolate. The Italian hot chocolate is different to back home; kind of like a hot chocolate pudding. It's real good. I'll sent some home – hopefully this week! :) The lesson went well. We are on the commandments now, but still not really seeing much progress :( I feel like this with most people we are seeing. I love them so much and they have a desire to learn, but the action part; such as actually coming to church, or committing to a baptismal date or reading the scriptures is what seems to be hard for them! Help! Then we headed home for pranzo, (C lives so far awayyyyy) .. then studied Italian.. Thennnnn saw R :) She made little cheesy breads for us and gave us pear juice (one of my faves :) We spoke with her about the Atonement. Sorella Rossi found an awesome quote from a testimony of Elder Packer found in the Liahona from Dicembre 2015. After R, we received a call from L telling us that she had bought us some oranges and tomatoes. We went over and began from the start with the Restoration. It went well. Although we got to the "God sends His Son, Jesus Christ to earth" part and she was all "okay grazie Sorelle per il pensiero... Fai tu la preghiera Sorella Robertson?" We were like errrrm okayyyyy.. I guess we'll finish it next time. Hahaha .. She offered us some tomatoes to eat here and now, but Sorella Rossi can't eat them.. So we kindly declined and told her we'd eat them at home (I'd eat them at home) and then she disappears and comes back with a plate all full of cut up tomatoes and she's all "c’monnnnnn Sorelle, eat them now!" .. and so my comp is all 'I'm fasting" and I'm all... "Errrrr okay haha." What an experience. L is so sweet! :) 

Giovedì .. We headed over first thing to see A. Another less active who we are working with. SHE IS SO CUTE. She's the sister who always gives us food; like she literally goes through her cupboards and gives us whatever she has and refuses rejection haha. She is the sweetest! Well, it was also really interesting, cus Sorella Rossi is friends with her granddaughter who is in Salt Lake serving a mission. It's such a small world. I feel like it would be like this for me if I served in England. It's kinda cool... but not as cool as serving in the Italy Rome mission, so I'm not even jel. She made these cute Sardinian dolci and made us a tropical tea. The good kind. I'm quite a fan of fruit tea these days. It was real good with a spoonful of sugar and a slice of lemon haha. I feel like such a granny! After that, we had a last minute change in schedule, so we changed our day a little and had an early lunch, so we could fit in the other things in the evening. After lunch and studies, (the Sassari Sorelle came too, cus there was the conference on venerdì). We thennnnn headed to the church to help C with her translating... Then we received another cancellation from someone we were supposed to see afterwards... Soooo, we headed to town and did another gesso with the Anziani and the other zone missionaries. That was our day.
 
Last Conference in Sardegna




Venerdì .. We headed straight to church for our interviews. I feel like just as I die my interviews with President get better and better. I love President. He is truly an inspired man and he is so right for this mission! After interviews, we had the Leadership Council. It went well :) Then we had the Conference. The conference was awesome! Anyways, after the Conference, Fratello C had made dinner for us! :) Then we did the scambio with the Sassari Sorelle. I was with Sorella McPheters in the evening, so we saw R, taught her the law of chastity, then went to see B and spoke about missionary work and then met with G and did some Personal Progress :) Then on the way home we had a scambio treat from McDonald's. Hot choc :) That was basically our day! In the evening, Sorella Littlefield was chasing after Sorella Clark (they were in the MTC together) and the quote of the week is Sorella Littlefield "YOU COME HERE YOU DIVINE SOUL. I’M GONNA RIP OUT YOUR NOSE HAIRS" hahahahaha so gross, but it cracked me up!

Sabato .. I spent the morning with Sorella Littlefield. We couldn't get any appointments with anyone, so we went to Quartu to do some less active finding. Some of them were 'busy', some 'don't live there anymore', some of the addresses don't even exist... So we went to do street approach and headed home. Wasn't the most successful morning I've had.. Va bene! Then they left and me and Rossi did weekly planning and saw R. 
  
Domenica .. Wellllllll the house was empty.. It was just me and my comp.. So we got one bathroom each, which was heaven!!!! Got ready and headed to church :) set up the chairs and then it all began. The primary did the presentation and did a really good job. They are so cute ah!!! After the presentation, I was playing the postlude music and Fratello D comes and waits for me to finish and asks if my companion and I can join the mission prep class that he runs during gospel principles, so we said yessss. We assumed it was to translate, cus usually the Anziani translate for one of the African members... but they were there too and we were like boh why are we here booooooh. Anyways, Fratello D, in short words is an inspired man. The whole lesson was just for me. There were points that I cried and I haven't cried in a lesson since being at home and even then it was years ago. He spoke first about companionship unity and then he spoke about when he was finishing his mission and how he felt etc and I just feel exactly how he explained. He explained how as a missionary you have a purpose every day. You recite your purpose every day; everything you do has a purpose, or at least should have. You're with someone who shares the same beliefs as you all day every day; everything you are expected to focus on is all about the gospel of Jesus Christ; everything you do is for others. It's just an experience of a lifetime. Then you get home and your focuses are different. You aren't surrounded by these kind of people anymore all the time, every day. You have a different purpose and before you find it, you're out there searching for it.. Everything's gonna be different .. and I just started getting a little down, as he was saying all of this and yep, it made me sad, but then he said how all of this doesn't have to end etc. but yeah it was something I really needed... but then at the end he (unexpectedly) turns the time over to me.. and is like "and now we are gonna ask Sorella Robertson to share her testimony... and I was like .. "On missionary work?" and he was all "Whatever you want; it can be on cheesecake if you wish" haha, so sassy .. and I was like blown away, cus I hadn't felt so emotional for such a long time and then I was asked to bare my testimony and I was just so overwhelmed.. but it went well. I don't even remember what I said, but it went well I think. :) After that, we had Relief Society and Priesthood together, I sat with A. I LOVE HER and the E family. I LOVE THEM TOO! Vescovo C did the lesson all based on "With small and simple things, great things come to pass" and spoke also a lot about the family :) E was all emotional too with me, cus we get transfer calls this Saturday and she knows I'm leaving and so yeah, it's really sad, cus I love everyone here and I am like 97% sure I'm gonna be death transferred. Anyways, we got the bus home, ate, then did journal writing. After that, we went to correlation, then we waited around for the youth to come to the FHE we planned for all the young people... but no one came AWKWARD. So we went with the zone leaders to do a gesso. It was actually a really good one! We just wrote with the chalk "chi sono I mormoni?" .. and it was so easy to speak to people that way, just cus it was kinda casual, but led onto a gospel conversation really easily! So that was fun! 

Okay literally that is it for the week. I love you all tons! I love you so much AHHH and miss you too. See you real soon! BIG KISSES. PS I CAN’T BELIEVE I GOT MY DEATH PACKET WAAA
Transfer calls his Saturday too... Where will I die? Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Last week of second to last transfer:
Heyyyyyyyyy! I don't think I have anything super exciting to tell you, at least anything that you don't already know, so I'll start with the .....

Lunedì lowdown...we did spesa and email first thing and then we went 'Christmas shopping' / sard shopping, because I knew that I'd be getting transferred soon. Then we met with the Anziani and went to see the flamingos / beach! After that, we did a little more email and headed over to K. We found her doing area book. She met with the missionaries previously, but it just wasn't her time back then. It was just a lesson 0 and we got to know her a little. We decided with her that we will meet with her twice a week; once to do the missionary lessons, to help her spiritually and the other time to go through the programme. After that, we went to a school. So a few weeks back we received a call from a guy who knew the Sorelle from before (they must have helped him out at the school before, who knows when) and he asked us to come. We met him at the front of Auchan and then got in a taxi to the school. This is like a night school.. Open till midnight. (Isn't that nuts?) So we went and then basically taught a class full of 20+ year olds, English... So that was really interesting! It was a good experience. I'm sad I probs won't ever do it again, but it was cool nonetheless. Some really good potentials in the class too :) so it was a really busy day, but that then took us up to going home to plan!

Martedì .. So today was awesome! We went to church first thing to meet up with D and his sister or mom, D. We met him doing a gesso last week when all the missionaries were down for zone conf.. He was on the street too playing the violin for money and Anziano Draghi spoke to him and got his number for us. We called yesterday to confirm too and all was well, but we got there and they weren't there, called them and they hung up, so that was a big fat bidone if ever I saw one. Anyways, who ever let bidones ruin the day? We headed straight to L’s house, cus it was her birthday and so we heart attacked her door. Everyone here lives in apartments and so we had two doors/gates to pass by, which is always the struggle if you ever wanna do something nice and secret for the members haha, but we always find a way. To get through the gate we just rang a random person and just asked if they'd let us in and they did? So much trust haha. Then we got to the door of the apartment block and luckily someone walked past inside and let us in, so that was a relief! We heart attacked her door and then headed straight to R! R is adorable. We began with pranzo; started with tomato pasta, then had a hamburger, then we had brought some options for her baptism dress and she tried some. YOU WOULD ALL FALL IN LOVE WITH HER, she's the cutest little person ever; oh my gosh I just love her! She chose the one she liked. We did a lesson, went over the interview questions again .. Cus she's old and forgets things, but wants to be baptised so bad, so yeah! Then headed straight to C. We got there and spoke about the importance of the restoration and what it means to us individually and then she made us hot choc .. theeeennnnn we headed straight over to the chapel to see S. We did that lesson with R, one of the coolest members ever and began the Restoration.. I say began, cus we didn't get the chance to get past the Life of Christ. After that, we did English course. It went well and at the end we showed them the Mormon message Christmas video from last year (He is the Gift) .. and it went really well. A few of the students made comments and it was awesome! I got a little chance to try out "Mary Did You Know?" on the piano :) I love it, more Christmas music videos / music would be awesome, that way I can listen to stuff in the apartment, cus although I have an iPod, I don't have speakers and I haven't had for the whole of my mission hahaha. I would just use my comps speakers and now I have a comp without speakers, so it gets quiet.. I've played the ‘Mary Did You Know’ by Pentatonix’s a ton of times. I'm not bored of it yet, but I'm worried I'll get bored haha. :P After, we headed home on the bus with the Anziani .. never a dull moment. They're so funny! THEN THE SORELLE CAME HOME WOOOOOOOOOOO I've missed them!

Mercoledì .. Today we had DDM first thing, cus we had to move it, as the Sorelle were in Palermo to pick up Sorella Clark’s permesso. It was awesome! It was all about developing talents.

Anyways, after that, he got us to write down 3 talents that we have (ourselves) then we each had to write one about one another. Apparently I'm funny! Haha who woulda thought? 
How the district see me!

Talking about that, after DDM, we did transfer predictions then Fratello C made lunch and during lunch one of the Anziani told me I was a 'bro' hahah bro-zoned. Then when I asked him what made me a bro he was like "I dunno, you're kinda just like a bro, like masculine I guess?' and I was like kinda offended and kinda not. Haha anyways, then I was asking him how I'm masculine, cus I'm not masculine in any way (secondo me), but then he was like 'yeah, just cus like you get along super well with the Anziani like we're all friends and you get on with the Sorelle too, but you just like connect with Anziani' or in other words boh. That's basically what he meant, but I'm sure they're not the words he used hahaha. So that's fun, I'm a bro. Anyways, after that we headed over to R’s with the ZL’s for her interview and SHE PASSED WITH FLYING COLOURS WOOOOO. She was so excited! Her little face :) Then we taught her a lesson, which went really well. After that, we popped in to do a spiritual thought with V, which was awesome. She seems so much happier these days :) THEN WE GOT TO SEE ONE OF MY FAVE FAMILIES WHO I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SEE EVER SINCE I GOT HERE, but one got ill, then the other got ill and it just never seemed to work out, but woooooo finally we got into their house haha. They live super far away, so the ZL’s had to pick us up from Quartu, then drive us there. We did the ‘He is the Gift’ spiritual thought and all wrote one thing that the Saviour has done for us; went around reading them out and then challenged them to think of one new thing every day. Then we had dinner with them .. so lush mmmmm. Then they drove us home. I love this family. I'm super sad, cus it got late and I never got to take a picture with them, but it's okay, cus I'm deffs gonna come back and visit them! Then that was our day! :)  

Giovedì .. Today was awesomeeeee. I did a scambio with the Sorelle Di Cagliari. I began with Sorella Clark, one of my faveeees! We had an appointment with a lady called C who she found doing area book. It was their meeting her and she was GOLDEN. We planned originally to do the Plan of Salvation, but then things led to The Restoration. She had so many questions. She asked how she can better herself. We testified a lot of prayer and then at the end she offered one of the most amazing prayers I've ever heard an investigator offer! It was super sincere. She asked Heavenly Father to help her to pray even more sincerely that she may strengthen her faith and relationship with him. She was just adorable. I'm so happy for the Sorelle! She's absolutely golden! After that, we made some calls, then swapped over to normal companionships, cus we had a lunch apt with La Famiglia S.. It was awesome. They are the family Chris stayed with when he came here and they told me I can stay whenever I want to so YEY :) After that, we came home and swapped again. I was with Sorella Chandler. We did language study then saw E and R. It was awesomeeee and they have these tiny little kittens and they're just the cutest little things! Then we had English course. I got to speak to each of the Sorelle and things are going well. Then we had English course and that was our day :))) 

Venerdì .. Today was good! We began with weekly planning, much to my happiness. Planning went well and after that, we went to see K. This woman is so humble and ready. We are gonna do the missionary lessons and also go through the stop smoking programme that the church has created. We began today with The Restoration. It went really well. She remembered a few things from the missionaries before, but we got to explain it more. We were able to talk with her about the spirit and how it works. We also explained why we don't pray to Mary and she had a few other questions, but she seemed quite satisfied with our answers. :) After that, we headed over to R to finish off her lessons before her baptism TOMORROW yeah, it was changed back to tomorrow last minute, cus Bishop called this morning and said we couldn't do it then, because there will be some kinda fireside.. So yeah! R is super excited and it works out better this way, cus she will get the Gift of the Holy Ghost this Sunday and won't have to wait a week...cus that's how they were gonna do it. It went really well and I've not seen such an old lady so happy and sassy and funny and full of life since Nana B, so it's just so awesome! She would actually be really good friends with Nana B .. I can just see it! You'd love her. She's the best!!!! After that, we came home and made some calls. Had success with a few people who wanna see us! Anyways, I need to sleep. Notte. 

Saturday. The longest morning ever. We did our studies and as usual, we opened our calendar for day 5 (it's like become a ritual, brings us together Hahahah)! We then found out about the changes within the zone, but still hadn't received anything... So we headed to the chapel, cus we had a lesson with C aaand as we were waiting for her, Anziano Pingree called (AP) So, time for a low down on things on the island. I am gonna go to Caserta to die with the greenie of Sorella Hamilton (Sorella Nelson), who my family met on their vacation in August .. haha that's weird! 
So my final transfer means, I'm back on the mainland!

Sorella Battezzato comes to replace me (just like she did in Ragusa ha), the Sorelle stay. Williams leaves to Siracusa and a guy comes to replace him..... and the poor poor ZL’s stay and get another guy, so they're gonna be in a trio, which is super weird, cus they were just blown in and the works pretty hard sooooo boh. Anyways, Sassari stays the same. Beesley goes to Pescara (I’m jel) and Mercado leaves after only 4 weeks of serving here and Haroldsen stays and gets Anziano Scott. I'm aware that this all means nothing to you haha, but this is my journal, soooooo I'm gonna write it anyway ha. When the members ask how I feel it's hard, cus I'm really sad and I'll miss them. They're all incredible and this city is absolutely lush, but I know it’s my time. The lesson with C went well. We helped her with translating. Then we shared a message about Christ :) After that, we headed for pranzo and lingua, then finally saw B after all this time! :) She is so awesome. She is literally like a member. I'm gonna miss B a lot! She just seems to me like a member already. She said the most beautiful prayer asking Heavenly Father to bless all the missionaries with success, thanking him for his teachings! She is one of my faves! Gosh, I have to come back here for her baptism!! After that, we headed straight to the Chinese shop to buy white socks for R, then to the church! SHE IS SO CUTE WOW WOW. HER 3 nieces came and helped her out with everything, asked a ton of questions and it was just awesome. Mamma, it was the most incredible thing I have ever seem. An 85 year old woman entering the waters of baptism. So many people would have us believe that they are too old to change. R is nothing like that. She is so awesome. She knew what she was doing and I've never seen such a determined little old soul in my life. You saw the pictures and how happy she was! The service was beautiful. Lots of members came. We had F and C give the talks (she chose them, cus she loves them and she went to their wedding a few weeks back). They did awesome talks. There were a lot of member involvement. EVERYBODY loves her! We did a musical item (the Sorelle) and Fratello D performed the ordinance (with the assistance of Anziano RASBAND). As she entered into the water so slowly with her dainty tiny little feet, the spirit just filled the room! She went down first time. It was incredible .. and we all helped get her ready; me, my comp and her nieces :)
R's Baptism.....happy days!




 THEN we had asked her last week if she wanted to bare her testimony during the closing of the service and she said no, but Fratello A who was directing asked her and she said ‘Yes’! She got up and said 'Devo ringraziare il Signore per il mio battessimo .......' Then she was silent for a few seconds, looked at Fratello A who went to prompt her and said “Ora non mi vengono le parole" .. which in English would be something like 'Now the words aren't coming to me" haha Then she came down and sat back with us. IT WAS SO CUTE, just a huge confirmation that this gospel is for EVERYONE OF ALL AGES. She is such an example to me! I love her ahh!!! :) and that was our day! So awesome! Good news all around :) I'm so happy!

Domenica .. Today was great. Man this ward is awesome! We got to church and did the usual. I got to leave the ward with my testimony and then the members bore their testimonies, many about Thomas S Monson. Then Sunday School was all about charity. Then Relief Society was all about temples! I was so sad to say goodbye to the members. Honestly, the members here are incredible. Their perspective of the gospel is on point and I've said this before, but I've never seen reverence like it anywhere else. I'm so grateful for their example; that I had to thank them for it as part of my testimony and I told them how I've never experienced such reverent, peaceful sacrament meetings! :) ALSO, a side note: IMPORTANT SIDENOTES. 1. M (who I haven't seen forever, who we used to teach .. came to church to say goodbye and stayed for the whole of sacrament meeting. :) Then 2) R’s confirmation was just awesome. She was a little late, so we did it after the ordinance of the sacrament, but it was absolutely beautiful and she is just so happy! Fratello D did it and it was awesome. He mentioned how Heavenly Father has saved her to be baptised at this time in her life and how precious she is. It was just an absolutely amazing experience. Everything about R is just incredible! After all of this, first we headed to the bus stop, then the Anziani came and told us that there were some members who had prepared pranzo at church and had spare to feed us too, so we all headed back (all but Anziani Williams and Bertoldo) and ate with Fratello C, F, C and their kids. It was awesome! Then we went home. I sorted some bits out, then we headed over to A. We shared the Christmas video from last year and wrote down one thing that we are grateful for (one thing Christ has done/does for us). It went well. We all went round the table sharing what we wrote. We got to her and she started singing what she wrote. I think it was an African Redeemed Church song from before she joined the church... I don't know, but it was hil. I got her to do it again and I recorded it. I LOVE THAT WOMAN. I'm gonna miss her so much. After that, we headed to town to do a gesso with the others (but not the Sorelle). It was a Book of Mormon gesso and went abbastanza well considering; although it wasn't my fave topic just cus it was harder to grab the attention from them, but it was cool, We had like all the Books of Mormon in all the different languages and wrote in the middle "Would you like a free copy?" .. so it was cool. Then we headed home, planned, called the DL and the Sassari Sorelle and called it a night :)

Gesso 

.. and that was our week. I'm so sad to leave the people here. They are incredible. This city is gorgeous and the work I've been able to do here has been awesome! However, moving to another city was also an answer to a prayer.

ANYWAY, IT’S PDAY ... MY last one in Cagliari.. That's not happy .. that's sad, but I'm gonna go make the most of it, so I love you all so so so much. I'm so excited to go to the Napoli zone and try this pizza that everybody talks about! My companion sounds hilarious and she was trained by one of my best friends, so I'm sure we will love each other! I cannot believe it's the last transfer! So sad! So exciting! I will fly out to Rome Wednesday evening and hopefully stay with SORELLA ROBERTS IN ROME 6 HOPEFULLY ;) .. then I'll get the train to Napoli on Thursday morning.

The church is true. God is so patient and merciful. Christ is our Redeemer.  Never forget that they both love you all .. and so do I!

You're all in my prayers. Keep being amazing and I'll see you SO SO SO SOON!

Baci e abbracci xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


I went to say goodbye to B and she had got me the cutest Pandora charm.
I will remember Cagliari and the people with so much love x