Sunday 5 July 2015

Dieldsorf 16/6/15 - 28/6/15 Week 25 of 2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!! and Week 26 of 2015- Ich bin der Papi!!!

Week 25 of 2015- IT'S A BOY!!!!! and Week 26- Ich bin der Papi!!!

Week 25

So in normal email style, we'll begin with Monday! Monday was one of those days. Emails, love it! Then we went round Zürich trying to sort out our phone, as it doesn't always work and the spare one at home doesn't accept our SIM card, so we got that sorted and we also bought our Comp Ties! Then we ended the day with weekly planning again. We couldn't find any time to do it the week before. Oops!

And after Monday, we get Tuesday! We started the day with Physio, where she taught me a couple of exercises to do at home, which is useful for Frühsport! Then we met with our investigator who came to church last Sunday who's French speaking - and I don't speak French, but it is amazing how you can still pick things up and understand a basis of what is going on! The Spirit does amazing things!!! Then we finished the day by going to Familie Ryser!! I love their family! They are legit the BEST!! We did the thankful pen spiritual thought. It was hilarious how frustrated some of them got, but it was fun - and they loved it in the end!!

Mittwoch! It was full of a lot of finding and we also did a Personal Touch for the family who took us to the chinese restaurant a few weeks back! Then we taught another French-speaking investigator!! I really don't know how it's going to work in a few days time with these investigators... then in the evening we taught the Schnyders with Nancy! Again, Nancy was amazing, she is still in missionary mode whenever she teaches with us! It doesn't surprise me that she had like 30 lessons a week in one of her areas!! Craziness!!

Thursday was Thursday! We started with a lesson with a former investigator! Then home for our apartment inspection and we passed as always!! Then the day ended with Zweigrat! It was pretty good!! We discussed everything that needed to be discussed and then had a presentation, which was sent out from the First Presidency (I think) about the Sabbath Day! It was actually really good!!

Friday! This week flew by .. it was crazy!! We taught Z! She is so cool! She's been to church twice and has already given up everything in the word of wisdom apart from smoking, but we're gonna help her with that one. Then Physio and we just did some exercises in the gym. My back was so sore afterwards though, but hey! I believe it's working! Then in the evening we had another lesson with S! We brought someone new as a joint teach .. And, my Bible Prophecy was Joshua 10:24-26. It's pretty interesting!

Saturday and transfer calls!!! Aaaaahhhhhh!! The ZL's took forever this time! I was so anxious! I think it's even worse when you know theres a change, 'cause you just want to know what the change is. When you don't have a clue, it's still bad, but not as bad! So, they finally call at like 19:25 and begin with Elder Huby- going home! Zone Leaders suck! :P Then they come to me! And... you may have worked it out by now... I have dropped a few hints! I'm becoming a Papa!! I get my first Son!! I'm freakin' training a brand new missionary, fresh from the MTC!! I am so excited, but I am also scared to death!!! Like, I legit feel so inadequate to train! I have no idea what I'm meant to do! Like how is a new missionary meant to learn anything from me! I'm so scared, but so excited! Then we had a lesson with the same guy from Wednesday, which was cool. Then we had Zone Conference! I'd imagine in the next week or so Sister Kohler will update the mission blog!!! We got our iPads!!! Some of the stuff on there is so cool!! Although I don't like it as things have changed in the last year and I can't find stuff that I used to know how to!!!

Sunday was a pretty cool day!! We began with GMK and Elder Huby made me lead it seen as I'll be doing it with a Golden next week!! Scared much! It went well! Then church was awesome! Elder Huby did a musical item with Schw. Ryser and George. It was beautiful and really invited the spirit!!! It was a really nice Sunday and we got a bag of cookies from the YW for Father's Day!!! Nice! Then Schw. Marty invited us over for dinner as we had no appointment, so that was super nice and the food was awesome as always. Then we ended the day with Weekly Planning/Area Handover and I made another Choc Fudge Cake for our appointment this evening, as they asked for one!!! 

I believe I have a few pictures to send this week, so I'll get them sorted!! I got my package on Saturday!!! Yay!!! The cards from the ward arrived on Thursday I think, although it seems that my birthday will be an interesting day!! Early start to take Elder Huby to Bahnhof to get the train to München, then I'll probably be with the ZL's all day until my Golden gets into Zürich at around 17.00, then we will be going straight to a dinner appointment, then home!! It's gonna be crazy!!!! 

Week 26

Säli zäme!

I know there's probably a million things you want to know first, but I'm gonna be mean and stick to traditional journal format. That is the way I record my own week after all. So Monday! P-day! It was a pretty chilled p-day! After emailing we headed to Oerlikon to meet the district to go out for lunch. Somehow Elder Huby had loads of MSF still and seen as it was his last Monday, he said he'd pay for all of our lunch, so we went to a Chinese  restaurant and it was soooo good!!!

District Picture

We got a district picture!  Then we came back to shop and print photos for Tschüss books. If you don't know what a Tschüss book is, just ask and I'll explain it! Then we came home, dropped off stuff, picked up the Choc Fudge Cake I made for our appointment and then headed there! This family is the one where the husband has a baptismal date, his wife is a member and they are the coolest family ever! I love them and they have a little girl called M and she is the funniest kid ever! We got a few photos with them!
Another Chocolate Fudge Cake...I'm so domesticated!

(So noch mal- see attachments). Although the camera was being stupid, so we took like a million and M got fed up, so towards the end when it was finally working she was bored and didn't want anymore, but it was an awesome day!

Tuesday began with my trainer's conference call! Basically, President Kohler just went through a load of things with us and how it's the most important responsibility in the mission, etc. So there were about 8 of us in the conference call. And only 3 goldens are coming in. 3 of us were training pure goldens straight from the MTC and the other like 5 were just doing the last 6 weeks of training. All 3 of the brand new Goldens are coming into Switzerland!! Then we had an awesome district meeting before heading to Walder Snrs for lunch! The food was
awesome, as always and they got me a little something for my birthday on Thursday! Sweet! Then with a nice full stomach we headed to Physio! The physio is going really good and my back is back to normal - I think! Only 2 more appointments to go and after this week I'm done with Physio! Wahey!

Then Wednesday rolls around! Crazy day! So we began the day by trying to personal touch a member who's not been to church for like the last 2 months or so, but it didn't work cause he doesn't have a post box! Stupid much! Then we headed to the Walders for lunch (this is the son and his family of the Walders from Tuesday) and we had a BBQ .. so much food! It was amazing and Schw. Walder makes one of the BEST cheesecakes ever! It is so  good! Then we went by M. He's from Ghana and he is sooo cool! Then after that we went to the Maurer's for dinner!
We were both so full still from lunch, but we trooped through and ate it all! My stomach was like the fullest it's ever been! I swear my stomach has shrunk a whole load since being out on a mission and my "hobo" package from Ash arrived - so tempted to open it!! Then we got home, did Tschüss books and then Elder Huby was packing until like 2am! Craziness!! I was dead!

Thursday!! Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me! So the alarm went off at like 5.45 cause Elder Huby still needed to pack a few things before heading off to Zürich Hauptbahnhof! I was so dead, so with an extra half hour or so, I decided to open my presents and cards! I loved everything and the trousers are perfect! After Bahnhof
and sending Elder Huby off to München, I got to work with Elder Fischer for the day! I love that kid! He was a Golden in my last district when I was in Bonstetten! He was waiting for Elder Mateer to get in from Germany, as he has been working on the other side since he started like 7 transfers back! We came back, studied and went to the chapel, as Elder Fischer needed stuff for Deutsch Course in the evening and I got to watch my birthday videos, I loved them all! Thank you so much!

One last photo with Elder Huby

Working with Elder Fischer

Then we headed into Zürich to do some finding and then to Bahnhof to pick up my little boy!!! His name is Elder Palmer! His Mom is from Hungary and his Dad from the USA, so he's moved between the 2 countries a lot in his life! Currently they are living in Hungary though! He speaks some German, as he lived in Switzerland for a year
because of his dads work! So yeah! Then after picking him up, we headed straight to Familie Prohaska for Dinner! It was sweeet! Schw. Prohaska made me a birthday cake, with candles and everything .. it was so cool! So it was a pretty awesome birthday!!
With my Golden: Elder Palmer
Friday was a long as day! I kind of hate Fridays! Plus I was dead from the late night and early get up the day before, but friday was weekly planning day and we had to go through everything! It was fun, but kind of sucked seen as I'm taking over the area after only 5 weeks, but hey! Life is an adventure! Plus I had another Physio session on Friday! Then we went out finding and we found our first potential of the transfer!! She was sooooo cool! I was questioning whether to stop her or not, 'cause it seemed like she was on the phone, but I went for
it anyway and it ended up being the best conversation I've ever had in German on the street! She accepted the BOM and wanted one for her Mom in Portuguese! She is half Morrocan, half Brazilian and speaks perfect Deutsch! She has so much potential! She's going on holiday this week, which sucks, but we will see where that goes when she gets back!!

Then Saturday we taught F, which was actually a really good lesson! Then we came home and started the 12 week programme! Oh, how I've missed it  :P Then we went out dooring and had no luck! I have no idea where everyone was! We went to try a few potentials and they weren't home, so we doored the area and normally the area we were dooring is really good on Saturday afternoons, but nothing! Sucked! But hey! It was a fun day!

Then Sunday! I finally finished preparing the Priesthood lesson and went off to church! I think my talk went okay! I wrote everything down and then when I was up there, I rarely looked down at what I prepared and then when I got stuck at what to say, I looked down and didn't have a clue where to go from, so it was a little iffy, but people thanked me for it and said it was good! So I'll just believe them! Then Sunday school was a real good lesson and then my Priesthood lesson! I think it went well! I got everyone involved, so that must be a good sign.... right? Then we had lunch with Schw. Marty again! I love Sundays when we have appointments with her! Then home to finish
week one of the 12 week programme, which is a little different from when I did it as a golden! Now they have parts of it that link with learning the language, so that's interesting!

It sounds as though you had a pretty brilliant conference! I remember that Elder Charles and his wife came and did a devotional when I was in the MTC and it was brilliant!! It was such an amazing devotional!!

Anyway, I best get attaching those photos and sending this! I am so grateful that we are an eternal family! And am incredibly grateful for all you did to make my birthday special! This time next year this email will be my last email to you all as a missionary! It's gonna be difficult 'cause I love Switzerland so much! A piece of my heart will forever be in this wonderful land with these beautiful people! 

Just before I close though I have a commitment for you all! It's the same commitment I gave to the members yesterday in my talk- and that was to find that extra minute and a half each day to do something extra for someone else, to show one of God's children that they are loved! I promise you that as you do so, as promised in D&C 108- "The Lord will be with you to bless you and deliver you forever."

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

All my love,

Elder Ammon Robertson xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx