Thursday 23 April 2015

Bonstetten 31/3/15 - 20/4/15 - 'Versetzung Anrufe, General Konferenz, Einkaufen in Deutschland, Neue Versetzung, Tschüss Jake und Zone Ausbildung'

The first week of three ...'Versetzung Anrufe, General Konferenz und Einkaufen in Deutschland'

We'll begin with Monday again! So Monday was Bowling day! District P-day! We went down to Baar to a bowling alley! It was fun, but I played terribly because of my back, even though I still got quite a few strikes in the 2 games we played! But hey! It was fun and wasn't terribly priced for Switzerland! Then we had Family Home Evening and it was my turn! So, I just decided to show the new #BecauseHeLives video and then discuss ways we can share it with friends and use it to do Member-Missionary work. It worked out quite well and we gave a few #WeilErlebt pass along cards to the members who came with us to give them out during the week, so it wasn't too much of a tricky home evening to prepare and give! 

Bowling fun on P-Day





Tuesday we had District Meeting in Bonstetten, so we finally got to do studies on a Tuesday Morning! Wahey! It was a pretty cool Meeting! And then Chur, so had to leave early to go to a lesson, so we chilled and had lunch with Richterswil! Then we ended the day by teaching the Plan of Salvation to the couple who are friends of members! I think I told you about them, so please pray for them that their hearts will be softened and they will have a spiritual experience to make them want to learn out of a desire to learn and come unto Christ, rather than just helping us improve our teaching, but it was a powerful lesson! 

Wednesday, we had a few WA lessons, but that was that!

Thursday! We did a load of WA Vorbeis, which Bishop asked us to do and one of them was home and let us in! He is only less active because of sleeping issues! He has a ridiculously strong testimony and he shared with us a book he's been writing for the past 40 years and it is basically proving that the Book of Mormon is true! It's strange, but the bits he shared were well interesting, but that was basically Thursday! Then, just as I was getting ready for bed the Young Women came by at like 10pm with Easter baskets with chocolate and cookies and stuff for us - which was cool!!! 

Then Friday we had our apartment inspection and apparently we have the cleanest apartment they have ever seen! I always seem to get comments like that when apartments I live in get inspected! I must have had a brilliant Mother who trained me well!!!! Then weekly planning and I had to get a new planner! Can you believe that it's planner number 6? This last transfer has gone by so quickly it's ridiculous!!! - and then ‘Bible Prophecies’ for transfer calls tomorrow! Mine was weird! It was Exodus 3:1-3 .. I'm still not sure what to make of it! haha!

Saturday!!!!! Transfer Calls!! Transfer calls kind of just came up out of nowhere! Legit - this transfer has gone by too quickly! We are both staying in Bonstetten! It's gonna be weird, I haven't done more than one transfer with a companion since Elder Little and it means that I will do at least 3 transfers in Bonstetten, meaning it will be the ward that I have spent the most amount of time in so far!!!!! So I'm happy with it and our district is us, Richterswil stays the same and then Chur; Elder Timm gets a Golden. Elder Timm was in my MTC group and so were both of the Richterswil Elders, so we are a real young district! Elder Paulsen is like a major old man!!!! hahha!!!  - but it is gonna be fun! Then, as today is Easter Monday everything is closed in Switzerland, so we were told by President to shop on Saturday! Our plan was to go to Germany today, but we can't as nothing would be open, so we went on Saturday! It was pretty cool and we got masses of food! So life is great!! Then General Konferenz! I loved the focus on the family in the Saturday Morning Session! It was brilliant! I absolutely loved the fact when Elder Perry said that a Muslim Scholar from Iran quoted 2 paragraphs from the Family Proclamation. That was just amazing!!!!! haha!

Then Sunday! We had breakfast with the rest of the men in the ward! They said it was an English Breakfast, but it seemed pretty Americanised to me with Pancakes and Syrup with Bacon and Eggs, but it was really great! Then we watched the Priesthood session, which was brilliant and then over to Schwammendingen to watch the Saturday Afternoon one and then we decided to stay in Schwammendingen instead of coming back to Bonstetten; that way we could get something to eat as well! So Sunday was very spiritually uplifting! I can't believe that was the second General Conference on my mission. Only 2 more to go!! And Ash just has 1 more!!!! That’s mental!!!! It goes too quickly!!!! 

Week 2... 'Neue Versetzung, Tschüss Jake and Daddy (Mission Daddy of course) und nur Schweizer Untersucher'

And we are back to Monday again!!! It is ridiculously crazy how fast time is going! In 2 transfers time I am legit at the half way mark! It's gone too fast!!!!! 

So Monday was P-day and we just decided to chill at the chapel here in Bonstetten with the Richterswil Elders. It was a fun day! We played Wizard (card game) and I won! Wahey! Then just chilled and had fun! Then we had our haircuts by our old GML’s wife! It was cool and I would definitely recommend her!!!

Tuesday we did a load of vorbeis, not too much came from it! Then we had Gemeinderat and it was fun!!! Gemeinderat always is!!!!!

Wednesday We had District Meeting in Richterswil- who knows why it was a Wednesday when it's meant to be Tuesday, but hey! It was actually a really good District Meeting! Probably the best one I've had in this District so far!!!

Thursday was transfer day!!! Zürich HB is in our area and we were meeting Jeffrey in Bahnhof for breakfast at 8.30am, so we met him and had breakfast and happened to be there to say goodbye to those heading to München, so I got to say goodbye to Jake (Elder Robertson) and to Elder Little!!! It was a sad time!!!! Although their train had a 10-15 minute Verspätung on it, so we got to chat for another 10-15 minutes longer!!! haha! Then tradition is that when the train leaves - you run with it, if your trainer is dying or a missionary you really get on with and seen as Jake and Elder Little were dying, I had to do the run, so I did it, and the platforms in Zürich HB aren't the shortest platforms either, so it was quite a run and you have to stay level with the carriage they are on, so when the train is late; they go pretty quick from the platform. Normally it's a nice chilled run, but not this time, but it was cool and I got to say Tschüss to them!!!! Then in the evening we got to teach Seminary- Wahey!!! It was D&C 133 I think- about the Second Coming, so it was a cool chapter to teach and then we went out to get something to eat as it was Elder Paulsen’s Birthday!!! 

Friday we had planning!!!! Then in the evening we went with Brüder Meier to see a less active. It was the cat lady I went with him on splits to a couple months back, so we went and it was an interesting appointment, although one of her cats were pretty ill.

Saturday we went down to Richterswil to go to a baptism. It's a guy the Richterswil Elders were teaching! He was so prepared, like legit; I don't know anybody more prepared then he was and it was the best attended baptism I think I have ever been to! The ward legit just love him, so that was awesome and it was a really spiritual baptism!!! Then we did some vorbeis and then I realised on Saturday that all of our investigators that we meet with regularly and have some form of progress are all Swiss!!!! Now that is really awesome!! A lot of missionaries never teach a Swiss person past the first lesson, if they teach one at all, but all of ours are currently born and bred Swiss, so that was the awesome highlight of the week!!!

Sunday we had church, which was cool and then Choir, which was also cool, but Elder Pauslen was ill, so the rest of the day not much happened, but that was our week!!!

I can't believe Jake is back! You will have to harass him for photos, cause he took some on his camera that I never did! Like our last photo at Bahnhof on the Thursday before he left!!! Jake mentioned then, "You know, now I'm home you are the oldest Robertson Missionary, in terms of time out in the field" That’s weird!!! It is only by like 5 days though!!!

Week 3….. ‘Zone Ausbildung, Interviews und Tempel
I guess we'll begin from Monday!!! So, we were shooting off to Konstanz, Deutschland to celebrate Elder Byrom’s birthday!!! We went, had lunch, took a trip to the Sea Life Centre and then did some shopping! It was actually a really fun day! Plus the workers gave us like all the stuff that they give to kids when they come with parents, so we had a childish p-day!!!! haha! And we got to touch/hold a starfish- it was disgustingly weird!!!! But that was basically Monday, with FHE I the evening!!! 

At the Sealife Centre in Konstanz for Elder Byroms Birthday / P-Day

At the Sealife Centre in Konstanz for Elder Byroms Birthday / P-Day

At the Sealife Centre in Konstanz for Elder Byroms Birthday / P-Day

Tuesday!!! This week was crazy busy, so Tuesday we headed to the Stake Centre for Zone Training!!! Our zone is even smaller this time round as one of the sister areas got closed down. But it's a pretty cool zone!! Zone Training was pretty awesome! And we have 2 goldens in the zone, one German and one from Australia. It's so funny hearing Golden German! It reminds me of the days when I could barely even speak MTC level German. Haha! Good times! After that we went to do a few vorbeis in Zürich before coming back to the Stake Centre to have a lesson with Jeffrey before Insti. We had a pretty awesome little lesson, then for Insti we went to the D&C class which is taught by none other than President Uchtdorfs son!!!! It was such a good class!!!! And.... During Insti the ZLs and STLs in the Zürich stake were having a meeting with the Stake Pres. And it turns out one of the STLs for the other Zone that is in the Zürich stake is Sister Smiley (we were in the same District when I was in Kaufbeuren)!!! So we had a catch up! It was so cool!!! Like I ledgit thought I wouldn't see anyone from that district until the Elder Bednar Conference! So that was highlight of the day!!!! 

Wednesday was another crazy part of this crazy week!!! We were back at the Stake Centre for interviews and training with President! Training is just 2 districts together and we just discuss different things with Pres. So we spoke about a few things and he finally told us that Elder Bednar is coming to speak about iPads. He said he isn't sure if we'll be getting them on Saturday but they are coming! Apparently at this stage of time, all missionary iPads are property of the church but in the coming months we will be buying them, or something like that! So we shall see!!! Exciting stuff!!!! Then interviews- it was another strange one! One thing about President Kohler is that he likes to hint at things! This time he knew like everything- the past few times he didn’t even know which area I was serving in let alone how long I've been out! But this time he really brushed up on his knowledge! So he was going on about how I've been in Bonstetten for a long time (only 3 transfers- but whatever) and that Elder Paulsen and I have been together for quite a while now (we are only in the 2nd transfer- but hey) and then he was going on about whether to move me or Elder Paulsen next transfer and how my age of the mission are the soul, we are the heart of the mission and he's needing us to start training and leadership and stuff! So it was a pretty weird interview!!!! But hey! Then we tausched with Richterswil! Did I mention before that Elder Bakewell is our District Leader! Well if not there you go! So I was with Elder Bakewell in Richterswil!! It was such a fun tausch- I just love working with him!!!

Then Thursday we worked and then tausched back in the evening after Elders Paulsen and Byrom taught Seminary! (Yes we were asked to teach Seminary again!!!- luckily it was just a film this time) So we planned for us to tausch back after seminary! 

Friday was planning and we went out to get something during Lunch- I can't remember what, but we bumped into a member at this shopping centre and she just gave us CHF50 to get ourselves lunch as we haven't been over to theirs for dinner in a while! It was so nice! So we are definitely going to have to do a personal touch for them at some point in the next week!!! Then in the evening we had another essens termine which was really good!

Then Saturday! It was Stake Temple day. I believe the ward wanted the whole ward to be there, including us, so we took Saturday as our day this transfer to go to the temple! It was super nice! I just love going to the temple, it is such a special place and I always feel so much closer to family and home when I am there!!!! I love it! 

I love the Temple and I love Bern

Plus we were in Bern again, and I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE Bern!!!! 

Then Sunday!! Church was lovely! After we went to Bishops for dinner which was also awesome! I love Bishops family! They are so cool! There are a number of families in the ward that I love! You really grow even closer to a ward when you spend more time there! I just love Bonstetten!!!! 

In other news this week- I finished studying Jesus the Christ!!!!!!! If you haven't read it read it! It is such a beautiful book!!! I must admit though my favourite chapter in it is Chapter 40, it's about the Apostasy and it just explains it so perfectly! Like all we are taught growing up and even all we teach as missionaries is that there was an apostasy and a few other details but it's really brief. But this chapter is just exactly why there was an apostasy and how it happened, and why the Catholic church did have the Priesthood from Paul, but then the history as to why it was taken away! It was so cool!!!! 

Also, we finally got our travel plans for the Elder Bednar conference on Saturday!!! I am so unbelievably excited for it!!! It's the dodgiest plan though because we are taking the train from Zürich HB to Lindau Hbf, which actually goes through and stops at München Hbf, but we have to umsteig if we want direct- they just went dirt cheap on the whole thing, I think, but it is whole mission meeting, so would be costly!!!!! And then we take a bus back  from Lindau to München!!!!! It's gonna be a killer of a weekend but will be so, sooooo good!!! I cannot wait!!!! 
Well that’s it for now.

Love


Elder Robertson